Cuyahoga County

Tysean Fuller Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison for May 2017 Aggravated Robbery and Carjacking in Euclid



CLEVELAND – Cuyahoga County Prosecutor Michael C. O’Malley announced that Tysean Fuller, 23, was sentenced to 10 years in prison for an Aggravated Robbery and carjacking of a man in Euclid in May 2017.

“The defendants’ actions put the lives of numerous citizens and officers at great risk,” said Prosecutor O’Malley.  “We are thankful for the work of the Euclid Police Department in helping bring these defendants to justice.”

On May 19th, 2017, the victim, Osman Baslamisli, 37, met with Alexander Sewell, 18, at a Mentor diner to sell his car after Sewell responded to an ad he posted on a mobile marketplace app. Upon meeting, Sewell requested to drive the vehicle to his mechanic before finalizing the transaction. The victim agreed and rode in the passenger seat. 

While driving, Sewell texted plans to co-defendant Tysean Fuller on where he would stop the car so Fuller could rob the victim. Sewell pulled the car over near E. 193 St. and Abby Ave. and Fuller approached the car with a gun in hand. Sewell fled the scene while Fuller demanded the victim’s phone and keys. The victim complied and ran to a local business nearby to call police while Fuller drove away in his vehicle.  Fuller picked up Sewell shortly thereafter.

Euclid Police officers quickly identified the stolen vehicle nearby and pursued a chase after the defendants refused to pull over.  The defendants struck multiple citizens’ vehicles as they led police through Euclid, Bratenahl, East Cleveland, and Cleveland.  The defendants were apprehended after they crashed into a Euclid Police cruiser, which injured an officer, near E. 185 St. and Kewanee Avenue. Sewell was arrested on scene and Fuller was arrested shortly after briefly escaping through a window in the stolen car.  Officers recovered a gun in the passenger seat of the vehicle.

Further investigation into phone records revealed text messages exchanged between both codefendants describing the coordinated plan as the robbery unfolded.  Both cellphones were also traced to the locations where the crime occurred.  

On January 4, 2019, Alexander Sewell was sentenced to 3 years and 9 months in prison.  He pled guilty to Robbery, Abduction, Grand Theft, Failure To Comply, Felonious Assault, Vandalism, Failure To Stop After Accident, and Obstructing Official Business.  

On June 14, Fuller was found guilty by a Jury of Aggravated Robbery, three counts of Robbery, Kidnapping, Abduction, Grand Theft, Receiving Stolen Property, Telecommunications Fraud, Carrying A Concealed Weapon, and Improperly Handling Firearms in a Motor Vehicle. He was sentenced to 10 years in prison.